In light of the recent Covid-19, our office has undergone a complete Infection Prevention & Control review, and our patients will notice a renewed vigilance to our already comprehensive cleanliness and in-office hygiene.
In order to keep our patients and staff as safe as possible, the following protocols will be in place:
Our Staff Protocol
- Daily scrub change and laundry, clinic clothes are now worn in public places
- Surgical Masks
- Temperature testing daily
- Socially distancing staff – spreading out staff by creating scheduled shifts
- Warm lemon water available for staff
- Hand washing + nitrite gloves
For our Patients
- Appointment only office entry — screening on all patients.
- Masks requirement over mouth and nose. Surgical mask preference (If you do not have a mask one is available in our office for you.)
- Pre-payment before entrance where possible
- Hand sanitizer. Disposable gloves provided to all patients
- Breath shields on all bio-microsope,
- Deferral of all hand held ophtlamispopes to retinal imaging.
- Disposable occluders for visual acuities, unit dose drops for dilation.
- Icare tonometry for glaucoma pressure readings
- All disinfection and care protocol as recommended by medical suppliers
- Patient chairs, exam chairs, disinfecting between patients.
- Sneeze shields for front desks.
- Ophthalmic equipment will be disinfected as before but with more detail.
For our Seniors:
- Booking seniors at specific times
- Appointment only office entry / Screening on all patients
- as many exams that can be done remotely will be done to reduce patient traffic in the office
- please contact office to schedule tele-health appointment
- 3 exam rooms per doc to aid in easy sterilization
- Breath shields on Slit lamp
- Disinfection of equipment and exam chair handles between patients
- Fan to increase air circulation
- Disinfection of equipment as per guidance from medical supply companies
- Fan to aid in air circulation
- Mask requirement for use of equipment
- 3 exam rooms per doctor to allow for better sterilization and airing between patients
- reduced waiting room chairs, chairs changed from cloth for easy sanitizing
- staging patients in their cars via mobile – text and voice; hall exam room; and dispensary.
(This may mean we are unable to book multiple patients at the same time.)
For our Optical
- White glove service. You will be provided with nitrite gloves to touch and try on frames
- No independent browsing of optical. All trying on of frames with optometric assistant.
- UV sterilization for frames that have been touched by patients,
- UV sterilization for all frames before delivery
For our Contact Lens Wearers
- Online store for ordering
- Home delivery
- Tele-health option for CL teaching of insertion and removal with a follow up for fitting assessment
- Support from industry leaders for office protocols and disinfection of instruments:
- Ontario Association of Optometry
- Ontario Medical Association.
- Ziess medical ophthalmic
- Plastic Plus